Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Family Connection: John Foss and Mary Berry

The Family Connection: John Foss and Mary Berry

Confusing, but necessary.  John Foss is frequently referred to as Johann Foss from Danish ancestry.  There is no Johann.  Only John who is from England.  Mary Berry is often referred to as Mary Chadbourne, wife of John Foss.  She is not.  She is Mary Berry, daughter of William Berry and Jane Locke Hermins.  I had to delete a bunch of names from my family pedigree to correct this problem, but I would rather have the truth of who I am than some false story.  If these names look familiar to your family tree, read this article and figure out if you are descended from John Foss or John Fosst, Mary Chadbourne or Mary Berry.

http://www.jeaniesgenealogy.com/2012/07/john-foss-and-mary-berry.html

1 comment:

  1. Great work, John Foss and Mary Berry are my 8th g, grandparents. I descend from Hannah Foss who married Jenness

    ReplyDelete