- Family Pedigree Home
- BERRY/RICHARDS-- PEDIGREE
- BERRY/RICHARDS-- Information & Photographs
- WALTZ/CREAMER-- PEDIGREE
- Waltz/Creamer Connection -- Photographs & Information
- LINDQUIST/ ANSON -- PEDIGREE
- LINDQUIST/ ANSON Connection-- Photographs & Information
- PHILIP/ NORRIE-- PEDIGREE
- PHILIP/NORRIE Connection-- Photographs & Information
- GRAVESTONES and CEMETERIES
- GRAVEYARDS- Names and Dates
- LOST AT SEA: Remembering Our Captains, Fishermen, and other Seamen Who Never Came Home...
- Heather E. (Lindquist) Gerquest and Christian P. Gerquest-- Photos and Information
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Friday, September 6, 2013
|Capt. Jeremiah McIntire & his wife, Amaril are buried in Rockport, Maine (Knox County)|
|Quite a large stone! This stone is a beacon to the whole Berry corner of the cemetery.|
So upon closer inspection I see the dated are from the same generation for all three stones. Though Mary and Lyman are NOT her parents, Mary's maiden name is also Wallace. It is believed that Mary A. Wallace (1828) is Amaril's sister, and that perhaps their parents are Josiah Wallace and Charlotte Wallace (same for married name). Lyman's (born 15 Sep. 1822) parents are probably James Wallace and "Austrus" Sinclair. I may never be able to confirm this connection since I am going by census records and names are often misspelled. Look at poor Amaril... every census I found her on her name was spelled in a different variation, but it was obviously her based on the husband, location, birth dates and children listed.
I can look at discovering Lyman and Mary's stones as one step closer to finding Amaril's parents.
Update- Mary Wallace married Lyman Wallace, and Mary's maiden name is Wallace. Mary is Amaril's sister! THAT has helped me locate and identify Amaril's parents, in spite of all the misspellings of names in all the censuses. Lyman's name isn't correct in any of them either! So, it is official. Without further ado, here are Amaril's parents!
Josiah Wallace (son of John Wallace and Hannah McIntire)
b. 17 December 1797
Small Point, Maine (Phippsburg/Georgetown)
d. 2 October 1879
Phippsburg, Maine (Georgetown)
Married 17 July 1817 in Phippsburg, Maine to:
Charlotte Wallace (daughter of William Wallace and Rhoda Blethen)
b. 26 April 1798
d.2 July 1898
probably in Georgetown/West Point, Maine
Yes, Josiah and Charlotte ARE related. I think they are cousins. No, Lyman and Mary are NOT (that I can find) related.