Monday, December 2, 2013

Family Work at Thanksgiving

I spend Thanksgiving with my Father who lives "Downeast".  I have discovered that he has been holding back on me!  He has an absolute treasure trove of family photos stored away in shoe-boxes.  Even though not everyone is labeled for quick identification, many are, and there were some I am seeing for the first time ever!  How exciting!  And even better, my Dad let me take a bunch home for scanning!  I have half scanned and labeled, and the other half is scanned, but not labeled yet.  Among the treasures my Father brought out at Thanksgiving were a number of architectural sketches and paintings from Scotland.  Not all are signed, but the two artists are most likely William Glashan and John Norrie.  I will be posting photos of them to this blog in a special section so maybe someone can help identify who did the unsigned ones.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, the camping photo is my mother's family roughing it (I don't believe Ellsworth ever went along). The tent was a big "Hed-Room" tent, and my mother inherited it, and we used it for years camping around Maine, New York, and other places. It had had many repairs by then, and its floor was totally gone.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete